Counterpoint is looking for an outstanding Researcher for a multidisciplinary project focusing on policy-making, political narratives and the middle classes. The project links to Counterpoint’s overall mission to understanding how cultural and social dynamics affect political and market spheres and so involvement in at least one more project can be expected.
The post is mainly research- focused but a significant amount of facilitation, coordination of partners and workshop organising will be required. Based in London the post will also require travel.
Starting mid-February, the post will initially run for one year and is offered either on a full time contract or a self-employed, part time basis. The salary for a full time contract is £28,000 p/a, and for a self-employed, part time post (working three days a week) is £31,000 pro rata.
The ideal candidate will be: passionate about ideas and cutting edge research as well as committed to their dissemination and application. They will display an ability to move between different spheres of thought as well as different cultures.
The selected candidate will work as part of the Counterpoint team in Counterpoint’s central London offices.
Amongst other things, the role will demand:
- Proven research and analytical skills: the capacity to synthesise large amounts of information and interpret it in context
- Excellent writing skills: the capacity to produce readable papers and engaging review articles
- Flawless facilitation and interpersonal skills
- Good organisational and project management skills
- Minimum of an MA/MSc in one of the social sciences (PhD or PhD track preferred);
- Experience of group facilitation or action research
- Experience of cross-cultural research would be an asset
All candidates must have authorisation to work in the UK.
The deadline for applications is midnight GMT on 26 January 2014.
Interviews will take place on 3 and 4 February.
Please apply by sending your CV and introductory letter to Counterpoint to email@example.com Please use the subject line RESEARCHER and specify if you are applying for the post on a part time or full time basis.
We look forward to hearing from you!